Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While editing filename, LRC tries to delete file

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, using LRC 13.1 on a mac pro OS 12.7.3 - 

I frequently edit filenames in the metadata pane of LRC. Often I am removing extra characters from the end of the filename. I click on the filename to make it editable, and click again to position the cursor where I want to edit the filename. I hit the delete key to delete characters in the filename - but if I hit "delete" more than once, LRC sometimes switches to a dialogue window asking me if I want to delete the file. It seems like hitting the "delete" key more than once triggers a "delete file" command. I don't want to delete the file! Of course, this behaviour does not happen every time I try to edit a filename, only occasionally. But it happens often enough that I notice it and it alarms me to look up and see that I'm a click away from deleting a file that I meant to change the filename of.

If this is a bug of some kind, there it is. If this could be some kind of user error, please let me know.

Thanks

Jas

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

This is a known issue with LrC and Monterey.   It works correctly in newer version of the OS.  It ONLY happens the first time you try to edit or enter data in one of the metadata fields after starting LrC.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce that. If I create an AI Denoised image, I use the same method as you do to remove the 'Enhanced' part from the file name of the new DNG image, so the name becomes 'OriginalFileName-NR'. I have never experienced what you describe, but I see you use a rather old version of MacOS. I use Lightroom Classic 13.1 with MacOS Sonoma 14.3 on a M1 Max MacBook Pro.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with LrC and Monterey.   It works correctly in newer version of the OS.  It ONLY happens the first time you try to edit or enter data in one of the metadata fields after starting LrC.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bob - I tested this by shutting down LRC, restarting, and trying to edit a filename - and the remove/delete file dialogue pops up as I hit the delete key, just as I have been experiencing. I apprecaite the verification and acknowledgement of the issue!

One of these years I'll replace the old Mac Pro in the studio with a newer machine (my 2013 'trashcan' mac pro has topped out at Monterey) and this will become a non-issue.

Cheers,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines