• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows alert sound with keyboard shortcut Alt X. Also - changed from Shift + S?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut for viewing Before vs After in the develop module used to be Shift + S - up until a recent update. Now it seems to be Alt + X - but every time I use this, I also get an annoying Windows alert sound.

Is it supposed to be like this? Is there any way of at least getting rid of the Windows alert sound?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are using a different language, the Before/After shortcut is simply the "Y" key. Alt+Y gives you the top/bottom view, and Shift+Y gives you the split-screen view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut in question is for "Before only". With the Swedish keyboard layout, this used to be Shift-S, now it seems to have changed to Alt-X.

alt-x.png

My main question remains: is there a way of getting rid of the annoying Windows alert sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried setting LrC to Swedish, and the Alt+X key works but also give the Windows alert sound (and I don't know how to stop that). But I also note that the more typical Before/After keyboard shortcut of the "Back-slash" key - \ - when using the English language also works when set to Swedish (without the alert sound). Do you have that key on your keyboard, and if so does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, backslash on a Swedish keyboard is written using Alt Gr - +, so then I'd have to switch to English keyboard first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI- A good resource for Keyboard Shortcuts - Other languages, is- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/keyboard-shortcuts/languages/

My Windows-10 also gives a sound with [Alt+X] and one way to turn it off is to set [Default Beep] to "None". Acccess 'Sounds' from Control Panel. [Type "Control Panel" on the Start desktop.]

What else this affects I do not know!

Rob_Cullen_0-1664065237356.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, turning off the sounds in Windows is my current workaround, but obviously I don't want to have to change settings that affects everything I do in the operating system just to get rid of one annoying sound in one particular program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines