XMP file is present but not being applied to files

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited several images in LR Classic.  I moved the edited images to another folder; all at the same time.  In the new folder there were 4 consecutive thumbnails that said the file was missing.  I checked the new folder.  The raw file and the xmp files were in the new folder. 

I made the mistake of saying synchronize folder instead of saying find the missing files. The 4 files were uploaded but the XMP file information is not being applied to the RAW file.  The XMP files are present in the new folder.  I've checked them in a text editor and the information is intact. 

How do I reconnect these files?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select them and then choose 'Metadata - Read Metadata from Files'. Most likely the XMP was read and applied, but then the settings were overruled by an import preset or a camera default preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.  That worked, sort of.  

When I did that the files showed the edited image ONLY when the file was selected and in the Develop mode.  

If I went to another file or to the Libray mode the files did not show the edits even when selected. 

I noticed that I could sync the settings to another file and the edit would stay and be seen in any mode.

So I made copies of just the RAW files in another folder.  Selected both sets of images.  Synced the unstable image with the new RAW image and the edits stuck.  I deleted the original RAW files and moved the new ones to the folder with the rest of the images, 

All I can say is that it was weird but I'm happy with the results.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines