Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info:

Macbook Pro 2017 15" 2.9 GHz 1TB SSD 16GB RAM

macOS 10.13.4

Lightroom Classic CC 8.2.1

Camera RAW 11.2.1

Sometimes when I click to zoom in Lightroom it zooms back out without me clicking again. Sometimes it doesn't.  It's really annoying and affects my workflow.

I recently updated to version 8.2.1 however this bug has persisted for several versions.  It persists after preference resets (which was what Adobe support said to do to try to resolve it).

Made a screen capture that shows the behavior.  Sometimes it doesn't do it so I click to zoom out again. Other times I click and it zooms in and back out without an additional click seen in the following video (look for click symbols in video).

https://youtu.be/KcYdoVlKCw0

Any ideas on how to eliminate this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exhaustino  wrote

As this has still not been resolved I will reiterate that a toggle to turn off the click-and-hold zoom option would be a very useful feature in future versions.

Not going to happen.

I have only read one post about this supposed problem and that is from you. No one else seems to have any problems using the mouse to Click on an image to Zoom in and have the image stayed Zoomed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sXUPjzN.png

Thanks for your time on this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the image you posted, Feature request in trash can, doesn't really fit the issue.

I did a Google search for LR Zoom in Auto zooms back out bug and guess what. It is this discussion that comes up on top as this being a problem and No others.

So as stated before it is your mouse, the mouse settings or your finger click speed.

Do you have someone else in your household or a friend that can try this with your computer and mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I click a part of the image in the navigator to zoom in, it waits a good 10 seconds, zooms in for a moment, and then zooms right back out. I press Z and it zooms in again, the image is badly pixellated, then I wait another 5 seconds or so, and the image goes back to normal and I can start working on it. It adds so much time and frustration to an already impossibly slow and frustrating process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

aeterno33

No it is actually a Feature of LR. If you Click + Hold it zooms in and you can move the image around with the mouse (hand cursor appears), to see what you are looking for, then when releasing the mouse button it goes back to normal view.

No need to do a second click or Click once then Click + hold to move the image around and then let go and another click to take you back to normal view again.

Thanks for this Just Shoot Me​   I didn't know about this "feature".  I will use this now that I know about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines