• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Show position in histogram when moving mouse around on photo.

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presently, the R, G, & B percent values are shown in the histogram when mousing around, so it seems like a small stretch to put tone on the histogram too - that way we don't have to go to the TAT tool in the tone curve to survey tone.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the sliders does have the histogram move but having the TAT tool to confirm the choice of tone located in the image is the feature that would valued

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to displaying the RGB values under the cursor as numeric values, please also plot them in the histogram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new Develop sliders seem to be more specific to regions on the histogram, I'd like an info-indicator. It would work like this: When you hovered with your mouse over the image, it would show you where on the histogram you are, at what light value. Is this point (or 3X3 area) at...127, 159, 185, or 203? And therefore should I use the Exposure slider, or Shadows, or Blacks? To try to figure out which histogram-region a spot in the photo is in, I go to the Tone Curve and click the little adjustment-target there. It then shows me a point on the curve, and I can see roughly where on the histogram that point is. But I don't want to have to go to Tone Curve to see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, I have been waiting since version 3.0 for a simple feature that would be very helpful in taking the right light correction decisions.
Currently, when I am in Develop mode and I inspect a photo moving the mouse over, the histogram just shows the R/G/B percentage levels of the pixel under the mouse pointer:

I am wondering why the average value is not shown. Here is an example of the histogram could be modified, adding the (L)uminance percentage and a feedback on the histogram (I have drawn a vertical white line):

This would be helpful, for example, to work with the Zone Method, where you have to evaluate the exposure level of different picture "zones".

As a workaround, I currently have to switch the picture in Black/White and look at the R/G/B values (that show the average value).

What is your opinion?

ciao, Pietro

Votes

Translate

Translate