• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to batch process Photo Merge (HDR and panorama)

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we have HDR inside Lightroom, with virtually no user input, the next step is surely a batch facility for a folder full of bracketed images.
Please!!!!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
With the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 the ability to batch process HDR and Pano images is  not now available. 

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015
If you hold down the Shift key, you can start HDR merges in "headless" mode, i.e., the "HDR..." menu option will become "HDR" and then it will kick off a HDR merge without bringing up the Preview dialog. You still have to manually select which images to merge, but this is a faster way to proceed without having to thru the Merge Preview dialog. Note that if you kick off many merges, this will be very processor intensive and Lr may slow down a lot ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I think it is windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to donate my own time into the UX/UI to help get this rolling!
PLEASE  make HDR BATCHING a thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love to batch process HDRs in LR for Real Estate photography.  It gets tedious and very time consuming, which is a problem because the pricing is based on the fact that agents are repeat customers, and get lower pricing for their volume than portrait clients.  As they say, efficiency is of the essence... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch HDR, like the After Effects batch render!!! Please!!! Merge  > HDR  > Send to Batch

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, I do real estate photography, and have started to do HDR's due to the demand and the higher quality look. I love the natural look that lightroom is able to achieve, but this is taking SO LONG. Even if I could queue up all the HDR's and then walk away that would be so much better. I have a very powerful machine, so that is not an issue. But even if it processed each HDR one at a time in a queue, that would help tremendously. Please keep this in mind moving forward with lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, I do real estate photography, and have started to do HDR's due to the demand and the higher quality look. I love the natural look that lightroom is able to achieve, but this is taking SO LONG. Even if I could queue up all the HDR's and then walk away that would be so much better. I have a very powerful machine, so that is not an issue. But even if it processed each HDR one at a time in a queue, that would help tremendously. Please keep this in mind moving forward with lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to get batch HDR processing in LR, use it for real estate photography. Adobe can do this easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIGHTROOM CC HDR MERGE BATCH!!!!!!! LIGHTROOM CC HDR MERGE BATCH!!!!!!! LIGHTROOM CC HDR MERGE BATCH!!!!!!!

I am a professional Real Estate Photographer.. and this is why I bought the suite! 3rd party software to Lightroom to photoshop is still far less time consuming then CTRL-H, CTR-H Ctrl H... then wait 5 minutes come back and repeat 30 times!!!!!! I know they say somethings are worth the wait.. but come on!!! I spend all day just merging, then even more time adjusting. So here is my recommendation...

1. allow us to group each multi exposure capture into stacks, then select all stacks and batch merge!
----- merge each stack one at a time in order instead of 3 to 5 hdr's processing simulataneously, eating up the resources and possibly crashing.

2. Instead of putting each HDR image at the end of the whole project, put the HDR image to the right of each respective stack. So if I shot 3 different hdrs wihtout moving my tripod i can clearly see each HDR belongs to the stack to it's left. or some other way to clearly tell which hdr  belongs to which stack. Sometimes I want to bring the HDR and one of the darker exposures into layers in photoshop to manually mask out the windows.

PLEASE PLEASE Create this feature. it seems like such an easy add with adobe's skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I 100% support the batch merge but I noticed that there's already a solution for your second problem. It sounds like you're importing the images then immediately stacking then merging and a bug I've found with Lightroom is it likes to reset it's sorting to "Capture Time". A simple fix is if you change that back to "File Name" your HDR merged images will be right next to your stack 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that sorting problem happen to me all the time too. It drives me absolutely nuts because each time it happens, it has just been long enough for me to forget how I fixed it the last time. Lightroom really just sucks if you are trying to work with multiple files.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake in my comment. It doesn't change it to "Capture Time", it changes it to "Added Order". Just switch it to "File Name" and your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, Adobe, make an HDR batch-processor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An option for HDR batch processing is Google Photos. Just upload everything to a folder in Google, and in a few hours, the Assistant will create HDRs for you. They're smaller file sizes and it doesn't always create all of them, but they're high quality. And free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump for this!

Even just sequential processing instead of parallel instead would be a bloody godsend... then you can just smash through the selections and hitting Ctrl+Shift+H and it'll do them sequentially much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, similar to Glenn Pearson I also work the field of estate & interior photography. Therefore, to deal with and overcome the limitation of the dynamic range most shots are bracketed. The new feature of 'photo-merging HDR' in Lr is working awesome. I prefer it over the merge-quality of the Enfuse-plugin. Yet the fact remains that although the merge feature in Lr  is a great addition, batch processing truly is a missing feature. I prefer not to work outside the UI of Lr (except for Ps) but feel the need for Enfuse because it simply handles the files better at the current development stage of Lr. Enfuse is capable to automatically find bracketed series within a watch folder and create HDR of the automatically created stacks, not simultaneously of course. But I can kickoff the process and return later and have all stacks merged into HDR's. I truly hope that this will become an added feature in an already stellar program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, I have 16,000 images from Nepal taken over 3 weeks. Everything is HDR (3 shots) and building them manually is costly, to massively understate it.

Batch process and sequential building (instead of parallel) would free up a lot of peoples lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. We all agree that we need batch functionality. I think we can agree that this post hasn't gotten us anywhere. We need to get out on various software review sites and start lamenting the lack of batch option. Something along these lines, "I would love the recommend this software -- it does a fantastic job with the HDR merging, but without a batch function it is more or less useless to any serious HDR photographer. Perhaps here we could start a list of forums to help each other mount a serious campaign for this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already switched my workflow to use SNS-HDR which has batch processing and gives much better results than Lightroom's HDR merge because SNS-HDR has more control of specific parts of the exposure.  The highlight recovery slider really works well.  First you shoot your brackets in RAW.  Use lightroom to adjust the middle exposure to what it should look like, set white balance, set -50 highlight, +30 or +40 shadows, add your sharpening and NR, CA correction.  Vignette optional but recommended. Do not set clarity as this will add noise.  Copy settings and paste to all. Export to TIFF.  Bring 1 set of TIFF into SNS-HDR, make your adjustments.  Save to a profile.  Use batch tool to merge all sets using your saved profile.  Ghost removal is optional, but works very well.  Alignment optional if you did not use a tripod.  Although you are bringing the photos out of LR to another software, the result will look much better and everything is batched.  The amount of processing time will be about the same because LR HDRmerge and exporting the resulting DNG will be the same amount of time as Exporting the brackets to TIFF and using SNS-HDR to merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User selects a range of images. Command HDR Batch. Walk away. LR starts with image[0] and looks at subsequent images for feature match. Doesn't have look too far around the image. Could check 4 regions at the perimeter and simple LMS. Add images to HDR queue and move to the next photo that didn't have a feature match. 

There absolutely needs to be a [HDR] tag visible on the DNG thumbnail and preview info overlay that's created. Same with [PANO].
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Wisch to have Batch Processing to make HDR's in Lightroom. When does it comes? Shift cmd H ist Not the same....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get a response from Adobe on this. Even a manual assignment to the queue and then press go to start it would be enough to start with. Come on adobe., when is it coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please acknowledge this. I would wager that there are thousands upon thousands of photogs that dream of this feature. I have no desire to add 3rd party software, thats why I pay $50 every month to Adobe instead of buying something else in full. I personally do 3 to 4 homes per day and each of those has between 8 and 12 HDR merges. 

Instead of babysitting lightroom for 48 minutes a day just waiting for progress bars to crawl from one side of the screen to the other, let me make better use of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Adobe please acknowledge this.
Just to set expectations, they rarely pre-announce until a feature is ready to ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate