• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Retina Display support (new Macbook Pro)

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple release a new Macbook Pro with Retina Display (2880x1800). Applications need to be optimize to support this resolution. More Mac computers will have this type of display in future and I'm suppose Windows computer too.

Please considerate to adapt Lightroom to this new display.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
60 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4.3.

THANK YOU!!!!
I have been waiting for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty amazing! Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can this be marked "Implemented"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's only partially done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give an example of where it's not implemented.

To me it looks like HiDPI/retina display is supported both in Library module and Developer module. If you zoom in I am not able to see a difference between the two modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 27'' iMac users, fully implemented would mean that previews would automatically be updated for 2560 x 1440 screen resolutions, not having to manually update 1-1 previews every time I wanted to see something full screen such as a slideshow for a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? The current iMacs you can buy do not have hiDPI screens as far as I know and Mac OS X does not do the screen scaling on those that it does on the retina MBPs and the iPad and iPhone. The big iMac screens just have a lot of pixels. The having to update previews is a annoyance that everybody has regardless if they have a retina display or not. The cause is that the standard previews even at their largest setting (you set them to 2048 pixels in the catalog setting right?) are simply not large enough when you are using a very large display. The 2048 pixel previews are too small for landscape images when you maximize the image (i.e. a slideshow). That has nothing to do with retina support but a design flaw in Lightroom overall and people have often complained about this before you could buy any machine with HiDPI displays.
Also, Lightroom already (more by accident than by design) supported retina in all the other modules than develop before the 4.3 RC release so the current addition made the support complete. They just added support for retina displays in Develop and made the 1:1 button scale to the correct pixel size in both in Develop and Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao, you are right about the retina displays vs iMacs. I was just pointing out the limitations of the preview preference and hoped that along with the retina support this might also be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, then I completely agree. They should add support for larger standard previews especially since we have so many really high resolution cameras now. Perhaps there is already another feedback thread on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
MacBook Pro (retina)
Lightroom 4.3RC

Has anybody else noticed that zooming to 2:1 in the Develop module now gives a very clear image, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate