• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) various masks , Amount Slider on Panel

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In various masks, if you click on the triangle, the panel changes to showing just an Amount Slider, this Amount slider is not visible in the normal panel. Why is this slider not part of the normal mask panel. This slider, when use, also turns off the overlay, would be better if it did not.

Image 1.png

after clciking

Image 2.png

I propose a Request for Change:

• Place that amount slider on the top of the normal mask panel. as opposed to having to go thru that step of changing the panel.
  • Allow the Overlay of the mask to stay visible when adjusting the Amount Slider as to indicate effect.
  • Make it so double clicking on slider moves it back to default currently it does not.

note; I have reset my preferences just to make sure my rig is behaving.

Inquiry, those triangles we click on, what are they called? Stating triangle thingy just does not cut it.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nothing new. Collapsing the panel also did this in the previous versions of the local adjustment tools. The amount slider was always only visible on collapse.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Johan, the slider has always been present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of how it behaved before, I think it's a good suggestion to have the Amount slider always visible and to make double-click reset it to the default value, like other develop sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree with the OP. Having it always visible would make it more useful to more people. Coming from a PS layers background, I find it more intuitive to be able to create strong adjustments with masks and then tweak the strength level later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines