• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Provide a large preset preview when you hover over a preset

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have numerous presets. It is a hassle to not be able to see the image options in the main viewing window but just the minature navigator window which is not realistic to use to see possible outcomes. If we could hoover our mouse over the preset and see them as we go on, it would increase productivity (ctrl z, preset, cnrll z), and be easy on our capacity for production.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018
Large preset preview IS in today's Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
60 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that you can change the size of the preview in the preset lists, using the menu to the right of each preset list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ti possible to be more specific? I have looked at the LR and do not see what you are saying. It appears you are talking about the side by side window option which still leaves me at: ctrl z, ctrl z, ctrl z, ctrl z.
Would you agree that an option to simply hoover the mouse over the preset to see the optional preset in action without the need to apply it would increase production and the ease of use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, it says you're talking about Photoshop. Are you referring to Lightroom instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. there does appear to be a topic problem. 🙂
I have not submitted a post on PS yet but there is a good example there. In the Photo filter adjustment layer, I can scroll through the filter options and see them in action in the large viewing window. I am requesting the same for my numerous LR presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2011 Jul 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It amazes me how fast Lightroom can provide previews of so many different presets, but bigger would be nice. Maybe define a zone in the preset list such that rolling over the left zone displays the small (and fast) preview and right zone is the big (albeit it somewhat slower) version, or something like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about the possibilities of how this could work, would using the second window for your larger preview work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main LR viewing window. Efficiencey

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it should be possible for 1-monitor users for sure. An option to use secondary monitor would be nice too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, let me clarify. I didn't mean it should be restricted to users with dual monitors - the second window can be used on a single screen.

Obviously updating the main Develop display is the ideal case scenario, but bearing in mind that the Develop preview works differently to the Library previews, I'm just putting it out there as a potential compromise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm easy - whatever works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My posts to LR and Bridge were all in regard to a previous surgery in my hands and elbows (Nerve damage. yes, both are needed in post production. odd till you get injured. then you realize all are important), the reason why i stopped putting off the pursuit of photog. Now all I can do (and LOVE!). tHE rEquest were to make it less strenuous and speed production-efficiency. These programs are used for creativity (those, like me, still trying to take every image one step higher) , mass production (efficiency), and ease of use There is no need for compromise when It is an option in other programs and a physical need. PS Filters allows you to scroll through and see them in the main window w/o the need to click, cnrtl z, click, cnrtl z. Nik complete has a scroll through in B/w film options, and makes masking a little less time consuming, and all have hot keys that also do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do support the suggestion of Victoria Bampton for this!!
It would be great to see the preset in the second monitor before apply it.

If we could hoover our mouse over the preset and see in the second monitor the same as in the navigate little window as we go on would be PERFECT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in LR 4.3 it still doesn't seem to work (on a single monitor system). I support this idea and I wish it will be considered for the next LR update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of presets and like to see the trial effects of many presets in the preview. Unfortunately, the preview can only be made so large. Please allow me to make it bigger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using presets in the Develop module a lot, both my own and third-party.
Unfortunately there's no good way to preview tne effect of a preset on a larger screen or preview several presets at a time on a larger screen (grid/gallery mode).
Right now you are limited to the Navigator screen which is not designed for that kind of work since it's way too small.
I end up applying the preset and undoing it if I didn't like it.
This slows things down significantly.
If I could undock it and put it on a second monitor, that would be ideal and would speed things up dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround for the mean time:

DevPresetLab

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to see this on a "soon to be implemented" featue list or at least get a thumbs up/down from Adobe.
Working with two screens would get REALLY effective if you could use the second one for previewing the effect of a preset like in the Navigator panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make this already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, the Any Source plugin now provides the ability to quickly search develop presets as well as use the up- and down-cursor keys to quickly preview them on the full-size image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just amazing, excellent work, John! Many thanks for providing this plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this suggestion. Honestly, it doesn't make much sense as a user for me to have a little tiny preview where I have to watch to see how a preset may effect my image when I have the large image. Seems like a waste of space to have the tiny preview. In my experience, my eye is typically on my main large image in the develop module, then I have to take my eye off of the main image to focus on my preset list and then watch the tiny preview window to see how it looks, apply the preset and then undo if I don't like it and try again. It causes the eye to constantly go back and forth around the screen. I'd like to be able to look at my main image and hover over the preset one at a time to see how each one looks without taking my eye off the image. It would save a lot of time and frustration. I understand if applying the preset to a smaller image could be better for the computer's resources, but give users the option to apply the preset preview to the large main image or the small image so they can choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the preset-preview functionality of Any Source into a separate plugin, Any Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it doesn't work with the GPU enabled in Develop mode. Also, with 2 monitors it seems to get confused and displays previews for different presets on different monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's surprising that such a basic functionality has not been added in at least four years and several major revisions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately a LR bug prevents it from working properly with the GPU enabled in Develop mode. Re the issue with 2 monitors, could you please email details of the problem at the support email address listed in the Support section of the Any Preset Web page? Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate