1st ever RAW photo development

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6B482625-97CE-4350-A4DE-3FB11F7CEF3F.jpeg

181970C8-5478-4FB2-BAE3-0A301097EDC4.jpeg

Hey guys,

This is my first time ever shooting in RAW and experimenting with Adobe Lightroom Classic and I just wanted some general opinions on how I have done. I have attached the original exported as a JPG and the version I have processed myself. For some reason the developed version seems to have some form of crop, which I have not applied but have yet to figured out quite why this has happened. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic (LrC) forum.

Please use the "Insert photos" option to post image files to your post the link option you used is for links to web pages, that way they will be displayed in the body of the post. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 3.51.24 PM copy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image has quite a bit of noise, shot at 3200 iso. Jpegs are not ideal so try using the original raw file and go to the detail tab. Use the luminance noise reduction slider. It will soften the image but you can then apply some sharpening+masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be two images, the first is the raw file simply exported as a jpeg for purposes of uploading. The second image is one I have gone through lightroom with, however like I said I do not have much experience. I wanted to keep some of the noise as it suits the mood I was aiming for, since it was a very rainy and foggy day. 

Thanks for the tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down the Alt key while using the masking slider you will get a B&W preview which helps to see the effect on the noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see, that's very useful to know. Thanks for your help again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, I have attached 2 more images I have tried working on this morning. One is completely unedited, and the other I have tried editing. I tried using sharpening and noise reduction, but I feel like the image is a little too soft now. Thought I would ask someone with a bit more experience if you don't mind.

P1020499.jpgexample (1 of 1).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It really comes down to personal choice especially if you want that moody look. Do you have a tripod or maybe you can sit the camera on a window ledge. You could then perhaps increase the aperture from F2.8 to something like f5.6 or f6.7 and use a slower shutter speed and lower iso. That could possibly produce a sharper image with less noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines