• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a font to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add the Blackoak Standard font to LR Classic. I downloaded it from a few different sites and installed it but in the watermark editor the opacity slider changes the color from black to white (not what I want), but has no effect on the opacity? Can anyone explain this please? Is it a problem with the font files I've downloaded? Is there a site where I can download a version on which I can adjust the opacity? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found Blackoak Std installed in my Windows-10 system, but there must be something amiss with the font, or the way Lightroom sees it.

I can change the opacity on the slider in the watermark editor, all the way from black through greys to white, but when I increase it in size it becomes severely pixilated.

ScreenShot333.jpg ScreenShot334.jpg ScreenShot335.jpg

You may get a better result creating a PNG file in Photoshop using the font- making it any color you want and with special effects (Shadowing, stroking, Bevel & Emboss, etc) Use this as a Graphic Watermark.

ScreenShot336.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wobert. I also had the problem with pixilization that you mentioned. I believe your solution will work but my PS "skills" are at about level 0. I'm going to try doing it though, but my preference is to have the Blackoak font perform as the others do in the LR watermark editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that font compatibility with Lightroom has ALWAYS been a big problem that Adobe never seems to address, or give answers that explain- why some work, why some don't.

In 2016 I was posting in threads that had font problems. lightroom fonts

I wish you Good Luck with getting Blackoak font to work in Lightroom- I do not think it will happen -hence my suggestion for a Graphic that uses the font from other software.

I have just experimented-

I opened my C:Windows/Fonts  folder in File Explorer and sampled several fonts from the list-

ScreenShot341.jpg

Then I tried several of the fonts that were marked as "Editable"  as in the screen-clip above.

ALL and ANY font, marked as "Editable", including any Adobe fonts, would NOT work in the watermark editor. They all would go pixilated, or worse. (See the first- Bickham Script Pro)

Some screen-clips from the watermark editor:

ScreenShot342.jpg

ScreenShot340.jpg

ScreenShot337.jpg

ScreenShot338.jpg

ScreenShot339.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines