Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any action in Develop takes 10+ seconds, brand new computer

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

I'm running the latest version of LR (8.1) on a 15in 2018 Macbook Pro i7 with 16GB RAM; LR library (almost all RAW) is only about 700 images so far, more than 50% of hard disk space available. Everything was fine till recently, now I cannot move a single slider without the program taking 10+ seconds to execute.

I've optimized my catalog, purged my caches, made sure all updates are current, restarted, closed all other programs, scaled down the resolution of my screen, run activity monitor (no obvious red flags) - and for the life of me I cannot figure out what's going on. I've spent at least eight hours today trying to sort this, to no avail.

Any ideas or clarifying questions would be greatly appreciated, because I cannot get work done like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try if it makes a difference to deactivate the GPU?

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size in pixels is your monitor? (Do not tell me inches)

What size in pixels or megapixels are your photos? (Do not tell me megabytes)

Do you perform a lot of brushing and/or spot healing on each individual photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to reply to this in hopes that it may help me as well... Here is my display information...

27-inch (5120 x 2880)

Radeon Pro 575 4096 MB graphics

I have read and tried the trick to make my window not full size and to make is smaller so it doesn't have to work as hard. I have checked all of my graphics. I have called Apple and had them run diagnostics. I don't know what else to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to get helped, answer all of the questions asked from me and dj.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dportraits  wrote

27-inch (5120 x 2880)

This is the problem. Unfortunately, LR struggles with 5K monitors, especially if you are performing local adjustments (brushing and/or spot healing). I don't really know a solution other than the replace the 5K monitor with a 1920x1080 monitor (which I'm told may not be possible on some Mac configurations)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be it... It is really slow all the time, but ESPECIALLY when I am using local adjustment brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5K monitor, local adjustments, that seems to be a common problem. Turning off the GPU acceleration will speed up the local adjustments, but it will slow down everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a 27" 5K monitor on my Mac with no problems.  How much RAM do you have on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.14.3 [18D109]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3,883.9 MB (23.7%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 6,237.4 MB

Memory cache size: 10.9MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.2 [ 134 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 1905MB / 8191MB (23%)

Camera Raw real memory: 1925MB / 16384MB (11%)

Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 575

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some question about the "Smart preview": Could you try to enable the develop enacement by using the smart preview (Lightroom >Preference > Performance)?
And generate the smart preview before to go in the develop settings?

Another test is try to set your monitor with a max resoluzion smaller then 2500px for the long side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "fine until recently". What happened "recently"? Upgrade to Mojave or other change to your computer?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines