• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blacks/Whites adjustment brush missing!

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom today (6.12), and the "blacks" and "whites" sliders on the adjustment brush are gone.

The sliders are still present in the "basic" edit menu (top picture), but I can't find them anywhere in the adjustment brush sliders or in the preset drop-down for the adjustment brush (second and third pictures).

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 4.08.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 4.08.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 4.11.15 PM.png

Furthermore, the pictures where I used those adjustment brushes have now reverted back to their original state – all of my other edits remained with no issue, but the specific blacks and whites adjustments just disappeared.

Help! !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom today (6.12), and the "blacks" and "whites" sliders on the adjustment brush are gone.

These sliders are only available in Lightroom CC.

Do you have a CC subscription? If you do, try signing out, and then signing back in with your Adobe ID.

It sounds like your install may somehow have changed from CC to LR 6.

Another possibility is that you were running a trial, which you later have licensed as LR 6.

The trial is always LR CC - both versions use the same install, and the way you license/sign in determines if you get version 6 or CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the "process" level in the Camera Calibration pane. It needs to be set to 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point, but the screenshot provided by the OP indicates that she's using Process Version 2012.

Version 2010 and earlier did not have Whites in the Basic panel, but Recovery, and Fill Light instead of Shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated Lightroom today (6.12), and the "blacks" and "whites" sliders on the adjustment brush are gone

You likely have been struck by a recent bug in the installer, which reverts your LR back to CC 2015.0 / 6.0 if something goes wrong during the update. Do Help > System Info, and if the version is 2015 or 6 (not 2015.12 or 6.12), then you need to download and install the 2015.12 / 6.12 update manually: Download Photoshop Lightroom .

The Whites and Blacks sliders in local adjustments were added in 2015.1, which would explain why you no longer see them. But don't worry, the edits you've already made using them should still be in the catalog and will reappear when you get 2015.12 reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines