• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I see Smart Previews in the cloud?

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll admit that it's been awhile since I played around with syncing from LrC to the cloud, but I really, REALLY don't understand how to see these synced files in the cloud. Here's what I did...

1) Created a collection in LrC, dragged some files into it, then enabled syncing to the cloud. My assumption is that smart previews are syncing to the cloud, correct? Not the original raw files?

2) Logged into the Creative Cloud via web browser. On the "Home" page, I see thumbnails of 5 files that were just synced in step 1. However, when I click on "go to your work" I can click any of the locations--synced files, cloud documents, etc--and none of the prior synced files can be found. Where are they? Can I see them in a list view somewhere?

Thank you for any insight provided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum, LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  You are correct.

2)  There are (TBMK as I understand) two separate Cloud locations for your Adobe Identity-

a) The 'Smart Previews' synced to the Cloud and visible in any mobile Lr version. (These SPs do not occupy any space of your Cloud ecosystem).

Files Imported by a mobile device DO occupy space in this Cloud store.

The photos synced from Collections in Lr-Classic would need to be viewed with LrC, Lr, Lr-Web, to edit in Ps (but be aware the SPs are only 2560pixels long edge!)

b)  "Your Work" location which is for Photoshop sharing files to work with Ps from other locations. You will not see these files in Lr, Lr-web, LrC.

I am open to other gurus correcting my understanding if I am wrong.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@WobertC - Thank you! The piece I was missing is that the SP's aren't part of the cloud allocation that comes with my plan; which is a good thing IMO. Also explains why the amount of space used in my cloud area didn't change after syncing the SP's.

@JimHess - Thank you. I do understand how to sync files...I just didn't understand where the SP's go. I was concerned that I'd tap out my storage allocation, if I synced too many files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one other little step that you "may" have not done. There is a little box to the left of the collection that you want to share that must have a mark in it. Otherwise, the collection will NOT be shared to the cloud.

Annotation 2020-08-19 180734.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines