• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5D Mark III "Add Cropping Information" Importing into Lightroom CC 2015.8

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm not alone with this - but I recently bought the 5DMkIII and set my camera to "add cropping information" to show a 5x7 aspect ratio. It was still taking photos in a 3:2 ratio so I assumed this was just a "guideline". Using Photomechanic, the photos look fine as I'm culling, and then I import into lightroom and my photos automatically crop to a 5x7, without me having the choice to reset or move the crop! I am losing all information on the edges and need them back! Anyone with a similar issue and fix? Or am I screwed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

The following link are for a video on Recover Edges and the second is the Plugin you need.  These will hopefully restore your data.  Please note that the files must be converted to DNG first.  Also, STOP using the in camera crop feature if you really don't want 5X7 aspect!!

DNG Recover Edges

Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom | Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following link are for a video on Recover Edges and the second is the Plugin you need.  These will hopefully restore your data.  Please note that the files must be converted to DNG first.  Also, STOP using the in camera crop feature if you really don't want 5X7 aspect!!

DNG Recover Edges

Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom | Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines