Highlighted

capture time not working with two different cameras

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just photographed a wedding and my second shooter used a sony, while I use a canon. We put our cameras in sync. I select all of the files and capture time will not adjust the files. Classic is updated, so im baffled as to what the problem is.

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

capture time not working with two different cameras

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just photographed a wedding and my second shooter used a sony, while I use a canon. We put our cameras in sync. I select all of the files and capture time will not adjust the files. Classic is updated, so im baffled as to what the problem is.

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "capture time will not adjust the files"? Did the cameras have the wrong capture time and do you try to change it?

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "We put the cameras in Sync"?

Did youset BOTH the DATE and the TIME (including the Time Zone if available) Exactly the same?

Who checked EACH Camera to make sure both Date and Time was Set exactly the same on both cameras?

If you set your camera and the other shooter set his/her camera then how can YOU be certain both were in, what you call, Sync?

And as above what do you mean Capture Time will not adjust the files.

If for some reason all your files show up before or after the other cameras files then someone did NOT set the Date and Time correctly.

You can Fix that in LrC by using the Edit Capture Time option in thje Metadata menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, but we adjusted both cameras simultaneously, same time zone, date, and etc, then clicked ok. Im also looking at the info in lightroom, the date and times match up. I go to sort, and then capture time, but they are not going in order. They show all of my images first, and then my second shooters second.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you did not stack all your images by mistake. An expanded stack is easily overlooked. Stacks sort as one, based on the first image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screen shots of one image from each camera in the Library module Loupe View area and the right hand side panel with the Metadata section expanded and the EXIF and IPTC option selected at the top and the Date Time Original and Date Time Digitized entries showing like this.

2020-09-01 05_22_07-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Simple Fact is IF both cameras were set the SAME, even if the date and time was not the correct date and time, the images would fall inline correctly. Although as above the Stacking option might make them appear differently I find it hard to understand why you would Stack all your images together and then the other shooters images together.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"we adjusted both cameras simultaneously, same time zone, date, and etc, then clicked ok. Im also looking at the info in lightroom, the date and times match up. I go to sort, and then capture time, but they are not going in order. They show all of my images first, and then my second shooters second."

Triple-check that the dates and times are in fact the same. With the small gray fonts in LR's user interface, it's easy to overlook a mistaken year or day or am/pm.

It's easy to troubleshoot this if you arrange for the capture date to be displayed below the thumbnails in grid view. Do View > View Options:

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to make sure is to check whether you have the latest version of Classic installed. There were some really pernicious date sorting bugs in older versions that caused the exact behavior you describe where images from two cameras would not interweave in a sorted by date view even if their date and times mandate they should.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0