• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer operating system requirements for Lightrooom and Photoshop

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current computer cannot keep up with my photo editing anymore. It is a very old laptop and I'm looking to replace it with a new desktop computer.

I've heard that the Dell XPS and gaming computers are quite good. Does anyone have experience using a Dell desktop for photo editing?

Or can anyone help with what to look for in a computer- minimum system requirements to use Lightroom and Photoshop?

I am not a professional, only a hobbyist, so unfortunately, I am working on a bit of a budget. 

Thanks for any help 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Lightroom Classic? (You didn't say that, but this is the Lightroom Classic forum)

Here are the system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Typically, Lightroom Classic runs better if you have something that doesn't just meet the minimum CPU requirements, but actually has a faster CPU than the minimum required. Same for GPU if you have a 4K or larger monitor.

16MB of memory is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out the following from the Lightroom  Queen Lightroom Performance – What Computer Hardware Do I Need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines