• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion about importing to LR Classic

Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very recent convert to LR/PS from Elements. I am in the middle of studying the catalog system and 

have this query. When I have transferred images from a card to the computer they went to a drive and from there I made a folder that went to Picasa and also could be found in the Elements catalog. How does LR get hold of them so I can go through the import process to LR? I ask because I once saw all my files from Elements listed in LR but can no longer find them there. Also, I have downloaded other images to the computer after LR was installed but there is no indication they are in LR waiting to be imported.

Thanks,

Photodoc16

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import does not happen by itself, you have to initiate it in Lightroom Classic.

Photos that come out of your camera and onto your hard disk have to be Imported into Lightroom Classic. You use the command File->Import Photos and Videos ... or click on the Import ... button. Then you point Lightroom to the folder that contains the photos, click on "Add" or "Copy" or "Move" as desired; if you choose Copy or Move then you have to tell Lightroom where to copy or move them, that goes under Destination; and then click on the Import button.

Please view some introductory videos about Lightroom Classic on YouTube or at adobe.com; or download the free introductory e-book from lightroomqueen.com. Do not try to figure out Lightroom by yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To dj_paige,

I am embarrased to admit that I have looked at and read a lot of information just about importing and sorting images including a short book by Robin Whalley. I think the problem is that some of the info is slightly muddled and I still have questions. However, I certainly knew about the 2 import choices and just didn't connect what I read and the lack of anything going on at the site. Thank you and I will soldier on. 

It also appears that while I clicked to have some indication that someone had answered my query, none ever arrived.

Thank you,

Photodoc16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still have question, you can ask them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines