• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

consultation

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am willing to pay someone to help me over the phone restore folders accidently removed from my lightroom 5  from my back-up disc. If you can do that, please email me at REMOVED

[personal information removed for your protection]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never post private information on a public forum... including your actual email address or phone number
Scammers try to steal serial numbers and other private information by posing as Adobe employees... Never give your private information to someone who contacts you via PM (Private Message) with an email of
"whatever" @ "anything other than adobe.com"
since this is a FAKE support person
Also, Adobe does not use Skype... if someone asks you to talk to them via Skype to "help" you, immediately report their Adobe ID in https://community.adobe.com/t5/Spam-Reports/bd-p/spam-reports so the person may be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information and we will try to help you. Explain in detail the sequence of events that lead up to what you are calling "removed" folders. Also tell us your  Mac or Winodws OS version, the type of backup disk you are using, and where the original Lightroom imported files are being stored on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders were deleted. I have them on a back-up disc and want to move them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your questions in this forum give as many details as possible and one of us will help you through this forum it works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all of my folders in the Lightroom 5 application. I have them on a back-up disc but don’t know how to move them back to the live system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, your photos are not "in" Lightroom 5. The Lightroom catalog simply contains a reference to where those images are located on your hard drive. If you actually deleted the folders from within Lightroom then all you did Was to delete the reference to where the images are located on your hard drive. In that case all you have lost is the work that you did in Lightroom on those images. What you can do is import those images again, importing them from where they are located on your computer and edit them again. That is, if I am understanding what you have done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I deleted all of my folders in the Lightroom 5 application."

When you delete files or folders inside Lightroom it offers the option to 'Delete from Disk' or 'Remove.'

1) If you chose 'Remove' the folders are still at the same location on your system. You can use a recent catalog backup file to restore the folders inside LR and the edits you made up to that date.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-restore-a-lightroom-backup/

2)If you chose 'Delete form Disk' you will need to copy all of the backup folders over to the original location on your system where the deleted folders were located and then use the recent catalog backup file to restore the folders inside LR.

3) If you have no recent catalog backup files AND the option to 'Automatically write changes into XMP' is not checked in LR Edit> Catalog Settings> Metadata tab you've lost all of the editing performed inside LR. You will have to reimport all of the folders and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines