• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating large amount of Virtual Copies fails/incomplete in latest version 10.2

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating Virtual Copies is my bread and butter, I use this a lot. As of 10.2 whenever I try to create virtual copies of a larger amount of images LrC doesn't create copies of all selected images. See video attached...

If I do a smaller selection of the same files, it does create virtual copies. 

Same result on my iMac as well as Macbook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smaller selection of same files... successfully creates virtual copies of files that were skipped above. Video attached...

Also, note how Lr is re-doing the crops after creating the virtual copies. Never used to do that. Copies used to be exact straightaway, no need for watching Lr update every single crop of newly created copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried repeatedly making virtual copies of hundreds of virtual copies, and it succeeded each time.  So there's something specific to your catalog or installation causing the issue.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines