• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designate Monitor for Secondary Display

Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 monitors on my Windows 10 Desktop. The main monitor is connected to the computer graphics card. The other monitors are connected using a USB Display adapter. Windows has ordered these as 2,1,3 with 1 being the main monitor, 2 being the left and 3 being the right monitors

I want to run LR's modules on the left (2) monitor and use the larger, better resolution 1 centre monitor for the Secondary Display. When I enable the Secondary Display, without full screen, it appears on the centre (1) monitor. When I toggle it to full screen, it moves to the right (3) monitor. When I exit full screen, it returns to the centre (1).

My only work around is to leave the secondary display out of full screen and resize it to fit the centre (1) monitor.

My research shows this seems to be a problem with users with more than 2 monitors. It has been suggested that LR was designed only for a 2 monitor configuration. It was also suggested that if I could reassign the numbering sequence from 2,1,3 to 1,2,3 the problem may be resolved. Unforunately, Windows does not provide a method to reassign the monitor sequence numbers short of rediscovery which requires registry entry changes.

Is there anyway in LR to designate which monitor should be used as the secondary display?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?