Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differing image quality between Library and Develop

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have recently started using LR to develop my photos shot on a G7X Mark II and I am getting a little frustrated at the software.

The image looks great while viewing in Develop but as soon as I view in Library or export the image, the quality drops away with a noticeable lack in sharpness. Its very annoying because Develop is showing me what I want.

See below the two different images. Also not a difference in the histograms which I find weird. Develope.PNGLibrary.PNG

Hopefully there will be some answers here.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

There are a number of things that can cause this difference. The most likely cause is excessive Sharpening and/or insufficient Luminance Noise Reduction. This is common with high ISO or long exposure images (yours is 20.0 sec.). You are also using +100 Shadows, which accentuates noise in the image even further. That isn't an issue by itself if you also apply sufficient Noise Reduction and don't over-sharpen the image. What are your Sharpening and Noise Reduction panel settings? See this post for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of things that can cause this difference. The most likely cause is excessive Sharpening and/or insufficient Luminance Noise Reduction. This is common with high ISO or long exposure images (yours is 20.0 sec.). You are also using +100 Shadows, which accentuates noise in the image even further. That isn't an issue by itself if you also apply sufficient Noise Reduction and don't over-sharpen the image. What are your Sharpening and Noise Reduction panel settings? See this post for more details:

Re: Develop module & library module aren't matching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue..

Switching of  GPU in performence (preferences) solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines