• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emptying Adobe Cloud Storage

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 20gb storage with the Adobe Cloud is full. How do I "empty" it or select some pictures to be moved or transferred to other storage locations other than the Adobe cloud?

I use both LR and PS in my work flow, storing the actual files and backups on external drives and a cloud service other than Adobe. Please try to be specific in describing the steps to take.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two things to consider-

1) The LR-Classic Collections that you sync 'up' to the Cloud do NOT occupy any space of your Cloud storage 20Gb.

2) Only the files you have Imported remotely using a mobile device (iPad, etc) DO occupy space.

So you may only want to 'Remove' the 'Imported' files from the Cloud to recover most of your 20Gb space. (Confirm first that LR-Classic has finished downloading all Cloud-Imported files to the hard-drive. Check the [Lightroom Sync] tab in Preferences)

John Beardsworth has a blog that explains how to remove the 'Imported' files only-

http://lightroomsolutions.com/how-to-remove-photos-from-all-synced-photographs/

The method describes selecting all "Synced Collections" in LR-Classic then Inverting the selections in the [All Synced Photographs] list to have the "Imported files" selected for removal from the Cloud.

Note: It sounds non-sensical, but the "Imported files" that you remove from the Cloud are downloaded to folders on your hard drive, so now you can make a Collection of these photos and sync them back to the Cloud (as proxy smart previews) that will not occupy any space of your 20Gb!  So 'Clear out' and 'Re-sync'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines