• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enter a space in filename text search

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded some files from my camera to iPad directly, then moved same files to my hard drive.  The result is duplicate files with one being lower resolution.  e.g. filename.jpg and filename 2.jpg where there is a space, not an underscore between the filename and "2".  I want to search for " 2.jpg".  If I search for "2.jpg" I get the files I want but also any filename ending in "2".  How do I enter the space so that the search engine sees it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom Classic

Robert L. Harris

13 Hunt Club Road

Hillsborough, NJ 08844-1702

(H) 908 281-0143

(C) 732 586-7952

rlharris123@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

LR is really bad at searching for strings containing spaces, and in general, its search is mediocre at best.  For your particular task, some options:

- Create a smart collection with this criteria:

johnrellis_2-1589822259631.png

The criterion "Any Searchable Text contains words 2.jpg" will exclude files with names of the form "filename2.jpg". But it could include files you don't want, e.g. a file whose caption contains " 2.jpg". I'm guessing it will probably get you close enough.  Do View > View Options > Grid View to ensure file names are showing above thumbnails in grid view, so you can quickly scan the results for unwanted files. 

- Use the Any Filter plugin with the following query:

johnrellis_1-1589821925537.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines