• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson SC P-800 and Catalina 10.15.4

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing from Lightroom classic. (9.2) Yesterday my prints were fine. Today, I needed to use a different paper. I noticed there were no ICC profiles for Epson in the drop down. Searched the web and here and found how to find them in the library and add to colorsync. Printed on glossy paper and the image is over the top bad. Yesterday on ilford, perfect. I use Epson paper ALL the time. (Same resilts with PS after installing these profiles.) I unistalled Epson software and reinstalled current drivers. The print dialog box no longer has "printer settings". It has something called "Finishing Options". This is a new printer dialog box for me. There is no where to select the paper type etc. (If I choose my old epson, I do get "printer settings" in the dialog box and no "finishing OPtions." ) I have searched the web for info on this. Meahwile the prints are totally bright with over staurated colours - awful Yesterday-fine. I even tried printing with the Ilford profile I used yesterday. Same bad result. Not sure what else to try... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the profiles you downloaded specific to your printer model? If they are, have you ensured that you are not enabling profile management in both Lightroom and the printer driver dialogue? Double color management can create the phenomenon you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. Yes, printer/paper specific. That was my first concern. The problem is, with this "new" printer dialogue box I can no longer see that setting. It used to be under Printer settings (still is for the old epson) BUt this new "finishing Options" choice shows no place to turn off colour management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am actually tried PS with printer managing colour just to see what happens...given I can make that choice withing PS. I get the warning to make sure I don't have both color managemnt tools on, but again, no where to check in the printer dialoge box. The print is not great, but is is more accurate than with PS managibg and ICC profiles. Makes no sense the dialouge box doesnt show this. Even if I wanted to use the printer, I can't chose Epson Vivid etc, like you can with Printer Settings. Hair out in clumps. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines