• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error When Editing From LightRoom to Photoshop / NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO OPEN DOCUMENT

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the latest version of Photoshop and Lightroom.  More and more when I edit documents from Lightroom to Photoshop, I am getting this error message “Could not open xxxxxxx because there isn’t enough room to display this document”.  The document could be either .tif or .dng.  In Photoshop, I’ve increased the memory usage setting is 100% and I still get this problem.  And, I have plenty of scratch disk space.  I did not have this problem prior to updating to the latest versions of LR Classic (9.3) and Photoshop 2020 (21.2.0).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds frustrating James

Can you post the screen shot of the error msg you see when linking out to Photoshop from Lightroom?

Hows your RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum. It's possible that the problem could be your OS resources.

Please see the screen capture for guidelines for creating new threads in the forum.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Please also provide details of your internal hard drive, total capacity and free disk space???

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines