• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explanation needed

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody knows where I can find an explanation what the different LR settings are doing? For example clarity, dynamic etc

thanks a mill in advance 

Claudia 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can give an example of the Clarity control is used for. It adjusts contrast mainly in the mid-tone areas of an image. If you go to the + side it will increase the "Clarity" of an image and if you go towards the - side it will reduce the "Clarity" giving a softer effect. You can use it differently depending on the image, e.g. a portrait of an elderly individual you may wish to adjust towards the negative side. See the screen captures one is + 40 and the other is - 40. It's best not to use the higher levels as it will probably create a surreal effect. I actually use + 15 in my Default Develop precept for raw files from my camera.

I am not sure what you are asking about dynamic?

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 9.55.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-01-17 at 9.54.47 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pages 39-40 of the free eBook from the Lightroom Queen, contains information about the Develop sliders in Lightroom-Classic.

I suggest you download a copy from https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought, how I like to think to them, intentionally not "technical" ..

Dynamic for instance. It applies saturation only in places where the saturation is rather low and not already high enough - like an "intelligent saturation"

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines