Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having an issue going from LR to PS

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just started having an odd issue. When I open a file from Lightroom into photoshop I get an exposure increase.

The example below is what is happening. All I have done is open from LR into PS and saved it without any changes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 6.07.40 pm.png

The only thing that has changed overall, is I installed some new colour profiles in Lightroom but I fail to see why this would have an effect. In this particular photo, I am using Adobe Standard profile in Lightroom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using: Lightroom Classic version: 9.4

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.0 20210302.r.49

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said Colour profiles, I specifically mean the Camera profiles in Lightroom where you can change for example Adobe Standard to Camera Faithful.

Like I said , I can't see how this could cause what looks like essentially an exposure bump but thought I would mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using LrC 9.4 equivalent to Adobe Camera Raw 12.4 (updated version is 10.3 ACR 13.3).

What version of the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in is installed in your version of Photoshop?

Do you get any mismatch message when you use the edit in function to send the raw image to PS?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No mismatch messages

Camera Raw is 13.2

What is odd, to the best of my knowledge nothing has changed software wise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise exactly what version of Lightroom Classic you are using, you would have to be using 10.2 not 9.4 for it to be equivalent to ACR 13.2.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 9.18.59 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so looking at the screen capture you are using LrC 9.4 ACR 12.5, so if PS  is 22.3 what version of ACR plug-in installed are you saying 13.2?

If so there is a mismatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case why would it suddenly start doing it?? To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed.

Just trying to understand.

Is it wise to update LR and PS to the most recent version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can check your Mac to see if it's specs would allow you to upgrade the Operating first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines