• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit older photos using latest version?

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom v6.12 on a PC.  When I open photos that I imported into Lightroom some time ago when I was using v4.4, it gives me the editing tools from v4.4, not from v.6.12.  Is there a way I can edit these older photos using v6.12 without having to remove them from the catalog and re-import them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Do not remove the photo from the catalog and do not re-import!

In Develop Module, you should see a lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the Histogram Panel.  Click on it to change process version to the latest, (2012).

Screenshot 2017-09-11 22.37.25.png

You can also choose the version in the bottom of the Develop window by clicking on the small up & down arrow to the right of the word "Process" in the Camera Calibration Panel.

Screenshot 2017-09-11 22.36.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not remove the photo from the catalog and do not re-import!

In Develop Module, you should see a lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the Histogram Panel.  Click on it to change process version to the latest, (2012).

Screenshot 2017-09-11 22.37.25.png

You can also choose the version in the bottom of the Develop window by clicking on the small up & down arrow to the right of the word "Process" in the Camera Calibration Panel.

Screenshot 2017-09-11 22.36.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that when you switch Process Versions as Joe described, LR will attempt to reproduce in the new version any edits you may have made in the past. However, because PV 2012 contains advanced elements that were not in PV 2010 (and dropped others as obsolete), an exact translation may not always be possible and subsequent tweaking may be needed. Because of this, in 2012 Adobe advised making a Virtual Copy of any of the older photos with whose editing you were entirely satisfied before converting the master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines