• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get YY in Develop Module

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, grateful for any advice on how to get YY to compare before and after.  I read that it is only available in the develop module but it doesnt appear on my screen.  I can compare with other photos (XY) in the library but the YY button is noticable for its absence.

When I select library, at the bottom underneath the photo there is grid view, loupe view, then compare view XY followed by various other selections.

When I then select Develop or press D these all disappear, leaving only stars, colours, zoom etc (everything ticked on the view modes arrow drop down on the right)

After hours of searching I eventually found a solution in the 'View' (at the top) 'before and after' then 'Left/Right' with a 'Y' shortcut.  Has this replaced the YY?

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Click the little down arrow in the bottom right above the filter bar to get this dropdown menu.  Turn "View Modes" on.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.25.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Press the Y on your keyboard once, not twice.

It is Y not YY

First Y, compare, second Y exit compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve-

I just checked this on my Mac using LR 9.2. It is still there. Perhaps you are using LR not in full screen mode and there wasn't room on your toolbar to display the view options? You could always use the shortcut key, "Y", to toggle on and off the last view you have been using. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the little down arrow in the bottom right above the filter bar to get this dropdown menu.  Turn "View Modes" on.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.25.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, the drop down arrow on the right and view modes (when in the develop module) works and I now have the YY option.  I had selected View Modes in Library but not Develop!

Also, Y on keyboard shortcut to get in and out of compare mode view

Thanks all for tips 🙂

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the Y on your keyboard once, not twice.

It is Y not YY

First Y, compare, second Y exit compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines