• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import a large number of LUTs in Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've a lot of LUTs files, to be more specific are 527 cube files distributed in 8 groups, to import in Lightroom (9.4 Release) in Windows 10 64bits.

I know the metod using in Photoshop Camera Raw to import one to one. But this method required a lot of time when I need to do for 527 files.

Also I would like to import in diferent Groups as I've it.

Thanks!

Guido

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is possible to convert in bulk all cube files in XMP.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to create the LUTs in Lightroom Classic. Therefore, you'll still need to use Camera Raw for this purpose. However, to import any LUTs you may have purchased or already built but are not yet accessible in Lightroom you need to import these via the Profile Browser in the Develop module (see below screenshot).

Also, this link will take you Lutify and provides some guidance that may prove useful

https://lutify.me/docs/how-to-install-lutify-me-luts-in-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-classic-cc/

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for you reply, My LUTs are in cube files format not in XMP. That process to import does not works for me.

I use this option:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/how-to-install-luts-color-lookup-tables-in-lightroom/

but import as eachone is not possible to import more than 500 LUTs.

Thanks!

Guido.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now, the only way to make creative profiles from LUTs is one-by-one in Camera Raw, as you've discovered. When creative profiles were introduced two years ago, several of us asked Adobe to document the .xmp format so we could provide plugins that made it easier to create the profiles and to handle LUTs in color spaces not supported by Camera Raw.  Adobe finally responded last month, but I'm not aware of any plugins yet that provide batch conversion functionality.  (It's down low on my priority list.)

You could use my Apply LUT plugin, which would let you import all 527 LUTs and apply them to photos within LR. The advantages of Apply LUT are its ability to batch import LUTs and its ability to handle LUTs in more color spaces, in particular Rec 709 Gamma 2.2 and 2.4. 

If your LUTs come from the video world, then most likely they are in Rec 709, which is close but not exactly the same as sRGB -- you can notice differences in shadow detail between the two.  Adobe has ignored requests to add Rec 709 (likely the Camera Raw developers weren't familiar with the video world).

The disadvantage of Apply LUT (which I developed before Camera Raw supported LUTs) is that, as with all external plugins, it creates 16-bit TIFF files (just like editing in Photoshop).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this application but not transoform in XMP files that handle Lightroom:

https://grossgrade.com/en/2019/08/14/batch-3d-lut-converter/

My LUTS are from VSCO Film (01~07

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines