• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Stop Stacking of images sent to Ps? Title changed by Moderator.

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!
is LR automatically stacking photos by capture time or can i switch it on and off?
i see how i can unstack folders manualy, but i would like to switch this feature off in general. is that possible?
(when organising my archieve i`just confused by stacks and already deleted wrong versions)
thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to stop it by clicking on the 'Cancel' button in Auto-Stack by Capture Time input panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i tried, it doesnt stop stacking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not stack images unless you tell it to. I think this is not about stacking at all. I think you mean that Lightroom is creating dated folders on import. That is something you can indeed turn off. In the import dialog, look at the Destination panel and select 'Into One Folder' for 'Organize'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, no i dont mean dated folders. i mean stacks.

i try to explain better:

i have a folder with raw files.
i edit a raw file in photoshop and save it as tif-file
i do a virtual copy of that raw file with different adjustments
know LR creates a stack including these three files. of course they have all the same timestamp

i can go to image/stacks and check "unstack" and the stack is gone. when i do the same in this folder or some other folder i automaticaly end up with stacks again. i would like to disable this automatic stacking. how to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. You should have said it only happens when you send an image to Photoshop. That is a setting in Preferences - External Editor.

1 2020-07-14 18-42-15.jpg

Also remember that stacks are location-specific. If you (un)stack images in a folder, they will not be (un)stacked anywhere else, like in collections.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!
thanks, thats the solution to one part of the issue.
i unchecked the "stack with original" box in preferences for external editor. tif files are no longer stacked with the original raw files.

the other part remains to be a problem:
when i create a virtual copy of a raw file in a folder, it is still stacked with the original. i would like to switch of this behaviour of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can change that. Just hit Cmd-Shift-G (Mac) or Ctrl-Shift-G (PC) after you have created the virtual copy.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is something LrC does Not Do by itself. If it is happening seeming all by itself then there is something wrong with your install or the preferences file (Doubt something wrong with preferences because that option is not in the preferences).

To call that function, feature, up you have to b e in the Library module, Photo menu item, Stacking sub item then Click On "Auto-Stack by Capture Time". It is Not a Always on or off option, No check mark appears next to it as a Always on option, feature, function. It is a One Time option. There isn't even a keyboard shortcut for it.

2020-07-22 05_57_14-Solitaire.png

Then after you select that option a Dialog window comes up with a Slider bar for the time between shots to be stacked and, here is the big part, A CANCEL button. 

2020-07-22 06_05_11-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines