• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update Lightroom 5.2 to 5.7.1

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have many posts about "How to update Lightroom 5.2 to 5.7.1"  all links provided are out date or do not work.  I moved to a clean version of Windows 10. Installed Lightroom and want to update to latest version 5.7.1.  How do I obtain updates?  My account shows I am a registered user but is not listed in "order history" for the product was purchased in the retail channel.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Lighroom.

Go to Help > Updates.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to "Help" >> "Check for Updates ..."  which brings this window lr5-update.jpg

Clicking the "Download.." button brings one to a general Adobe cloud "dead link" page https://www.adobe.com/downloads.html?notFoundID=null.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owing to Aodbe's new restricted policy on legacy downloads, public links to downloads are gone.   You need to contact Adobe customer care via online chat and ask the agent for assistance.  

Log-in to your account below. 

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Scroll down to the Contact Adobe button.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't apply, either: Support merely refer on to these forums, and the (now) useless links...
I, too, need to find a path to upgrader myV 5.2 to V 5.7.1, following a reinstall: HELP???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html

Please do yourself a favor and save the downloaded file somewhere where you can find it the next time you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but neither of the links you referenced work any longer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry -just read your private message. It is the install giving you problems!

If you have no intention of upgrading to v11.1 then you are in difficulties.

I can only suggest you use the Adobe Creative CLoud Cleaner Tool to wipe your system of Adobe files, then try the install again with the downloaded file from ProDesignTools, and your Serial Number.

CLEANER TOOL LINK

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempted that earlier, and tried to open the .dmg file, it tries to find the "trial link" through Adobe (which in theory would allow me to upgrade to 5.7.1 using my license code), but that trial link is no longer anywhere to be found...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but hesitant to wipe all Adobe, as I still use Photoshop CS 6 and Acrobat Pro, but thanks, anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but neither of the links you referenced work any longer...

By @ResqDogz

The link I gave from prodesigntools.com just worked for me in Windows. Successful download!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link I gave from prodesigntools.com also works for me if I choose the Mac download. Successful download!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad: Perhaps I should have clarified?
The download isn't at issue: It's the install that fails (see images).
That link purports to access a "trial version" which - providing you supply your license - "activates" functionality.

Unfortunately, accessing the "trial version" source at Adobe results in the responses found in the images I've included - directing one to reinstall the "application manager"... which apparently no longer exists...
Lightroom 5.7.1 install error.jpgAdobe app manager fail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version NUMBER of your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's continue this in @ResqDogz's other thread, where he/she supplied more information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-5-download/m-p/12737626#M2638... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer functional... sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-5-download/td-p/12632391

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is Lightroom 6 / Lightroom CC 2015 was released in April 2015. From that date 4 and a half years ago there was no further up dates to Lightroom version 5.7.1, is no further support from Adobe. Since that date both Windows and Apple have issued several major upgrades to their OS.

It's no surprise that Lightroom 5 users are experiencing problems when they update their OS.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines