• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't access my documents in Lightroom Classic - macOS {Thread renamed by moderator}

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Lightroom Classic for the latest version and as soon as I launched it, it asked me if I wanted to allow Lightroom to access my documents and I accidentally clicked no and now I can't access my documents, I uninstalled and installed the program, changed the permission of my folders on my mac, I restarted the mac as well and nothing is working. ughhhhh.

Any help? 

Thanks.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, could you please use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to completely remove Lightroom Classic and then reinstall it via the Creative Cloud app and check if the issue persists? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Note: Make sure that you only remove Lightroom Classic.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using MacOS Catalina perhaps? https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, on your MAC, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privact tab, scroll down to Files and Folders. Make sure Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop while you are at it, can access all folders alll files

1AF6ABB9-0BD2-49DC-BCD7-ED21778F7179.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that my privacy section does not look like this with LR and PS apps listed this way. to give me all the options to click to give access! 😞 not sure how to make it look like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what happens if you post in a two years old thread. This screenshot is from an older version of MacOS. I assume you use MacOS Ventura, and that looks different, but the functionality is still the same. I can't post a screenshot because I type this on my iPad, but it should still be possible to use these instructions: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines