Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help! Deleted original files

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every body, 

So I had a computer problem resulting in 3 years of original JPG and Raw files deleted of my comptuter. 

Luckily, I still have the highest quality of preview in my LR classic catalog, thank god.

How do I export those files and/or recreate folder to match my catalog from those preview?  Because now I can't export those files and that missing original icon is anoying!

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plugins that can create JPGs from the Preview cache. Be aware that the size/quality of the created files depends entirely on the available Previews.

And why did you NOT have file backups? A serious lesson to learn!!

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/accidentally-deleted-photos-hard-drive-dont-backups-can-create-jpegs-...

Extract JPGs from Previews Plugin

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your kind and quick responce. 

I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines