Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if my settings are wrong, here is what happens when I import:

As I import from a folder on my computer hdd to LR, it makes a copy of the images with only one of the original imported to LR. 

This is nuts! Why does it make a copy of what I'm importing to the folder??

Is it my settings? I can't find anything that would indicate to make a copy to the same folder that the images are coming from. (images attached)

Any help? Thanks in advance.

VincentOriginalOriginalCopyCopy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

If you select the COPY option, Lightroom Classic makes a COPY, just like you said it should. If you want to just import it without making a copy, you select the ADD option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the COPY option, Lightroom Classic makes a COPY, just like you said it should. If you want to just import it without making a copy, you select the ADD option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!  Such a fast response - and it worked great!  I should know this but sometimes I forget what really works. 

You are the best-thank you much for the help and fast response. Goldfield NV, tiny planetGoldfield NV, tiny planet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/import-photos.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines