• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to apply LUT's to a photo in Lightroom? Such as .cube, Vision Color, etc.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to apply LUT's to a photo in Lightroom?  Such as .cube, Vision Color, etc.  I have some film stock and Osiris LUTs I like to use for video that I'd love to apply to RAW still photos in Lightroom.  I know it's possible in Photoshop CC but the process would save me time if it's possible to easily do in Lightroom 5.  Anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

I found it! Yo need to Alt+Click in the icon for the New Preset, then load your LUT file, give a name to your preset and is NOT going to bee where you expect in the User preset list, but in the Browse Profile:s icon in Camera RAW and in Lightroom. Screenshot-(176).pngScreenshot-(177).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't do it in LR.  You could add your vote and opinion to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to use 3D LUTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or what about transforming a LUT into a preset that we can then apply in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or what about transforming a LUT into a preset that we can then apply in Lightroom?

That isn't possible, in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my work-around right now is:

Create an Action in Photoshop that:

• creates a new Color Lookup layer
  • Adds the desired lut
  • Merges the layers
  • saves the image

So when I open a photo in lightroom it's about a 3 click process for applying a LUT in photoshop and returning to lightroom to fine-tune. I just wish I could automate (or "sync" in lightroom) this process further...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably the best you can do at this point.  Please add your me-too vote and why you want the feature to the feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to use 3D LUTs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is finally possible (LR 7.3). And in such a beautiful and usefull way!!!

HOW TO MAKE new Color Profiles for Lightroom and ACR - YouTube

How To:

- Add Adjustments in PS (for example a LUT)
- Export as LUT: File -> Export -> Color Lookup Table

- Open Camera RAW and create a new Preset

- Check "Color Lokup Table" and load the created LUT

- Save the preset and use it in LR 7.3 in the new "Profile Browser"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "Color Lokup Table" to check in Camera RAW.Camera-RAW-presets.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! Yo need to Alt+Click in the icon for the New Preset, then load your LUT file, give a name to your preset and is NOT going to bee where you expect in the User preset list, but in the Browse Profile:s icon in Camera RAW and in Lightroom. Screenshot-(176).pngScreenshot-(177).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the steps up to this point, but the User Profiles section is missing from Lightroom's profile browser.

Any ideas? Can I force it to appear manually somehow?

I have about 200 profilies in there, mostly pulled over from earlier versions of Lighroom, so it must be possible somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 200 profilies in there, mostly pulled over from earlier versions of Lighroom, so it must be possible somehow.

What is the file extension of these profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR can read third-party and user-created profiles from the place it's always found them, under your User folder.

For example, on Windows, I put my 7D Mark II profiles that I created using a Color Checker Passport, here:

And they show up in LR, here:

What I'm not sure about is that I think I already had profiles in that location but when I looked just now, there were none, so I copied the .dcp files from a backup location.  It's also possible they were missing the last time I rebuilt my hard-drive a year ago and I never bothered to put them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this question has been answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the new enhanced profiles can't correctly import the most commonly available LUTs, those made for editing video in the Rec 709 color space. You can import such LUTs using the sRGB color space,  but the tones won't quite match, especially in the shadows.   The omission of Rec 709 appears to be a simple oversight by Adobe -- please add your constructive opinion to this feature request: Camera Raw: Add Rec 709 to LUT color spaces in new enhanced profiles | Photoshop Family Customer Com... . Be sure to click Vote in the upper-right corner.

As a workaround, you can use my Apply LUT plugin, but that isn't as nice as using the new enhanced profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any news about this feature and the rec. 709 color space ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines