• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping the same aspect ratio in lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making photobooks in Lightroom classic, is there an easy way I can change the size of a photo in a cell and keep the original aspect ratio??  Currently when dragging a corner it crops the photo making it a bit tricky....

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that I understand your question. When I select an image in the book module  in a photo cell and use any of the anchor points to scale the image, the aspect ratio does not change. Can you post a screen shot with a before / after crop? Are you  on   Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the layouts offered don't really suit my needs, I usually set up a clean page and drag my images directly from the filmstrip at the bottom. That puts it in a square cell but when I drag a corner, it does not keep the same aspect ratio.  Hope that makes sense....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click in the cell and uncheck "Zoom Photo to Fill Cell" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, as the layouts offered don't really suit my needs, I usually set up a clean page and drag my images directly from the filmstrip at the bottom. That puts it in a square cell but when I drag a corner, it does not keep the same aspect ratio.  Hope that makes sense....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in the Book Module, select menu item.  Book/Book Preference and choose Zoom to Fit for Default Photo Zoom.  Then the handles will not change the aspect ration on photo you drag into the page.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.57.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. I am fairly new to Lightroom and still trying to adapt from Aperture.  I think I am just going to have to change the way I do things as I also like to be able to crop a photo within a cell.  I'm sure I'll find ways as I gain more experience! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not your fault you are having trouble in the Book module.  The Book module interface is the worst module in Lightroom as far as I am concerned.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrasted with the new Lightroom which has no book module and compared with Blurb's interface FWIW I'll say that the book module works just fine if you take the time to make a good book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just on a steep learning curve I guess!  Surprised to hear what you said about the new Lightroom - I only signed on in January and mainly for the book function due to Apple shutting down Aperture....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines