• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update, masking not working

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So updated to the lastest iteration this morning. Went to work on a couple photos, go to paint in a mask, shows the mask while you're painting, let go of the mouse button, it's gone. Also no dot showing you've ever done a mask at all. Doesn't matter if you click show or hide mask. Doesn't matter if it's a brushed in mask or a graduated filter or a radial one. You put the mask on and it disappears.

Then go to make adjustments, nada. So basically masking (on my computer) is now broken in this update. Cool.

Running Win 10 on an AMD FX 8350 cpu, NVIDIA 1660 TI card, 32 gigs ram.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'H' and 'O' keys should make the dot and masks visible. If these don't reslove your issue you may need to reset preferences as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I uninstalled and reinstalled LR and then restarted my computer and it started working again.

Thanks for the response though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I have been mainly working on photos from my Fuji X-T2 camera, and the masks seem to be working fine. However, this morning I went to work on files from my Fuji X-T1 camera, and it's doing the same thing again. Basically, if I have 'show selected mask overlay' checked, and I draw the mask, I can see it while I'm drawing it, but when I let go of the mouse button, the mask disappears, and any adjustments I make do not appear. I also cannot turn it into a luminance mask or anything else. Basically, it lets me draw the mask, but as soon as I let go of the mouse button, it gets rid of it. If I go back to an X-T2 file, the mask works just fine again. Similarly, if I work on a raw file from my Ricoh GR II or my Pixel 2 phone, the mask works just fine. But if I go back to one of my T1 raw files, the mask again does not work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but still does not work. This issue only appeared after the most recent update. Please look into this and provide a bug fix as soon as you can. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Please look into this and provide a bug fix as soon as you can. "

We're not Adobe, we're just other Lightroom users, we can't fix anything.

Nevertheless, Ian Lyons suggested a fix above, have you tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines