• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Version of LR Classic-Cannot email photos

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. I can no longer email photos from my IMAC. This happened with the latest version of LR Classic 13.0. After checking the preferences for LR and my mail service and finding no issues I called Adobe support. That was a hopeless mistake. They did nothing more but send me links on how to use email in LR. I asked to speak with a supervisor but was left on hold forever and then told someone would call me back. That never happened. I also have a MacBook Pro that has the same version of LR Classis and I do not have this problem. I've compared all the settings/preferences and found nothing to be different. I've also tried the Export function on my IMAC to email, but that doesn't work. Both my IMAC and MacBook Pro have the same (latest version) operating system. It would be great to be able to reach out to Adobe, but that proved hopeless. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are similar issues of e-mail problems with LrC 10, it has been reported on the Feeback forum and Adobe engineers are working on a solution.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's a start but you think they would put an email out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known problem, heavily reported on as such. Both in this community page, and the official Adobe feedback site.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-external-error-h... 

Now included in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first reported this problem several weeks ago. I cannot send photos from LR Classic using email from my IMAC. macOS Catalina Version 10.5.7. Chat several times with the incompetent help desk. They consistently send me email to configure my email account. Now they want to close the case. I have no problem sending photos in email with the same version of LR Classic and operating system using my MacBook Pro. I thought by now there would be a fix but no the problem continues and they just seem to be ignoring it. I've also compared all my preferences in both LR and my apple email account and there are no differences between the IMAC and MacBook Pro. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Chat several times with the incompetent help desk. They consistently send me email to configure my email account. Now they want to close the case. "

Adobe support is often a waste of time -- if they don't know how to solve your problem (which is often), they'll say anything to get you to go away. 

The bug with sending email has been acknowledged by Adobe, and there are no known workarounds, unfortunately.

Adobe releases a new version of LR every two months, which means we should expect the next one mid-December. They very rarely release "patch" versions, and only for the most severe bugs.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-email-not-workin... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines