• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 20GB or 1TB?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to update my current Lightroom to the lastest version for HDR purposes. The way my workflow is set up is that I don't typically save any images on my internal hardrive and work solely from an external drive. Does it matter which Lightroom storage plan I go with if I work in this way? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

You don't need online space, so the 1 TB plan would be a waste of money. Go for the 20 GB Photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Lightroom is a cloud-based version that stores your images in the cloud. It provides the option to store a copy on your hard drive, but the main emphasis is to store images in the cloud and make those images available on all your devices. Lightroom Classic stores images in folders on your computer hard drive(s) And provides the option to share collections of smart previews with the cloud that can be made available on all your devices.

If you subscribe to the photography plan then you can have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need online space, so the 1 TB plan would be a waste of money. Go for the 20 GB Photography plan.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1TB plan doesn't include Lightroom Classic or Photoshop, unless you pay extra. It sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic, so you best go with the 20GB plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP is describing the Photography Plan. It comes two ways, 2GB of Cloud storage, or 1TB of Cloud storage. Actual Adobe Applications you can install are identical (main apps being Photoshop, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic) Only difference is the Cloud storage, and of course the price.

Not to be confused with the Lightroom Plan, that comes with only Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic and not Photoshop. But does come with 1TB of Cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the difference between Lightroom Classic & Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the difference between Lightroom Classic & Lightroom? Also, why is Lightroom & Photoshop monthly subscription the same amount as Lightroom Classic? Just want to make the right decsion! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom" is a relatively-new Mac/PC app that is cloud-dependent, like a Mac/PC version of Lightroom Mobile. So while it's good at storing files in the cloud, it doesn't have anywhere near as many features as "Lightroom Classic", which is the program that people always called Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying you want to store all your Lightroom photo's i.e, the entire catalog on Adobe cloud?

or you have the main catalog (local \ external drive) and just share some selected images \ vids on the Adobe cloud?

I don't think it matters 20G vs 1Tb from a plan point of view but you have a better idea of how large your catalog is... Adobe cloud gives limited share options

it does matter that you have your catalog on external drives because that increases the risk of corupt files... in general network cable drives i.e, Nas (Network-attached_storage) are much safer than Usb or wifi drives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually store things on my external harddrive and wouldn't want to really store much on the cloud. I am not tech savy and am clueless when it comes to things like this! My catalog is currently stored on an external drive & it works best for me since I own a Mac and don't have much memory to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is a cloud-based version that stores your images in the cloud. It provides the option to store a copy on your hard drive, but the main emphasis is to store images in the cloud and make those images available on all your devices. Lightroom Classic stores images in folders on your computer hard drive(s) And provides the option to share collections of smart previews with the cloud that can be made available on all your devices.

If you subscribe to the photography plan then you can have Lightroom Classic and Photoshop and use Lightroom on your mobile devices and on a secondary computer to upload full-sized images to the cloud if you choose to do so. It is NOT recommended to try to use both versions on the same computer, although it is possible to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

I would consider myself as a beginner photography enthusiast and I'm planning to better organize my photos before the collection  gets too big. Right now I'm on the Lightroom CC premium plan (I've paid an approx $6 per month as a subscription to Apple for 100GB). I feel that I'm ready to explore some of the features that Lightroom Classic CC has that Lightroom CC doesn't. 

I'm currently considering to purchase the Photography Plan with 20GB. i have several questions since I've been reading a lot of different information:

1. Does the Photography Plan comes with a desktop version of Lightroom CC (what used to be Lightroom Mobile?)

2. Would I be able to install Lightroom Classic CC on another laptop/computer in the future in case I buy a new one?

3. I'll be storing my files in my external hard drive and connects it to my Lightroom Classic CC for organization and editing. Since I'm using a laptop, I will have to plug/unplug the external hard drive most of the times since I'll be moving around with the laptop. Is this something that you would advise against? 

4. I have some files that I've edited and stored in the Adobe cloud (currently I'm using 50GB). Do you have any suggestions on how to best migrate these files from the cloud to my HDD so all the changes will be saved and I can have Lightroom Classic CC as my main workstation?

Trying to figure out the best workflow before I jump into it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines