Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.4 is not importing images on Mac Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Lightroom 4.4 on Mac Catalina 10.15.2. It was working good so far. I have more than 16,700 images in the Picture folder. I usually add new images to the Picture folder twice or thrice every month. I store images in sub-folders under the Picture folder (e.g. Picture > 2020 > 2020_01_04). Whenever I add new sub-folder, I synchronize the particular 'year' sub-folder.  

Last week, I was trying to synchronize the whole 'Picture' folder. It said it was importing images. But, it didn't show the progress. I thought it was not importing anything. So, I deleted the 'Lightroom' folder from the Picture folder and created a new catalogue to import the images. It says 'importing files', but no image is added into the Lightroom. 

Somebody mentioned in another forum that it took 30 minutes to import 15 images. My question is should I leave the Lightroom on and wait for it to import the images or should I do anything else to speed up the process? I remember that the Lightroom generally import thousands of files within a few minutes. I also gave permission to the Lightroom to access the 'Files and Folders of Catalina. 

Please give me some suggestion to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance 🙂

- Jay

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See link below for important info.

Lightroom and Catalina   

You will note that Lightroom 4.4 is not compatible with macOS Catalina. It is not possible to reinstall or uninstall the program since the installers will not work. You will need to proceed with caution.

I am not certain how you will resolve the problem, hopefully, someone will provide a solution soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your information. I thought Lightroom 4.4 would continue to work on Catalina. I will try to find if any other solution is available. 

Have a great weekend 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me some suggestion to fix this problem.

I doubt there is any useful advice for running Lightroom 4.4 on Catalina. The best advice I have is to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, although there are many reports of Lightroom Classic having problems importing on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines