• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 desktop but want to upgrade to iOS 64 bit

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I currently have used the stand-alone lightroom 5.7. If I upgrade my Macbook to the 64-bit new OS Catalina - what are my options to transition to a newer Lightroom and how do I make sure I don't lose information? In what order do I do this upgrade? Lightroom first and then iOS?

Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Lightroom 5 is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina and we do not recommend that you upgrade your OS. 

See this tech note for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

We'd recommend that you upgrade to Lightroom Classic as the transition from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom desktop is quite easy and smooth.

First, you need to install the new Lightroom version and then open your existing catalog in the new version. Lightroom will then automatically prompt you to upgrade the catalog, checkout this article for details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/create-catalogs.html#upgrade_a_catalog 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you purchase (subscribe) to Lightroom Classic, everything works on Catalina and you won't lose information. I don't think the order matters (although you may not be able to install Lightroom Classic if your operating system is too old)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines