• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom a Mind of its own...

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the irritating, unfixible (apparently), crashing upon *attempted* upload from my camera's memory card (which I work around by uploading to my computer, into a Lightroom folder linked next in order to the Lightroom app itself) *another* bug is that the app, upon export, goes to "Burn to Disc" instead of to the hard drive of my choice.  So I have to go through the export menu *again* to get it back to what I actually want, then proceed to process shots until it happens AGAIN!  GRRRRR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realize that burning full-sized JPEG images to CD/DVD is one of the built-in Lightroom presets in the export dialog. It's quite possible that preset could have been chosen when you decided to export. It has happened to me before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...no way.  I've been using LR since the beginning and know what I'm about.  I've NEVER burned *anything* to a disc out of LR.  I don't want to, do not select it and have no interest in that function.  OF COURSE I realize that it's a built-in function.  Egads, it's doing it by its own damn self, just like the title I put on the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When unexplained things happen the first thing to try is reset the LR Preferences file.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure something didnt happen that rearranged your drive letters, so it is going to your CD/DVD in error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...you mean hard drive(s)?  No, sir.  Read my next, I'll put some more context in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...OK, check this: I'm processing pics like normal.  Make adjustments, then export, make adjustments on the next, export, etc.  My LR version is the newest CC Classic (and pretty much all my LR problems like crashing upon import and such, have been since maybe two updates ago).  Here's something I do that may be a bit different; I use a gaming mouse loaded with different macros to speed up my workflow.  Like, my thumb controls Enter, Fwd,Back,Crop; my index finger does the export command.  I may be working on 8,000 images grouped in several hundred per collection, all of which are kept in collection sets for these big jobs.  Heck, I'm pushing 250k shots processed and up in my SmugMug site, so I've done alot of this over the past 12 years or so.  In writing this, I'm wondering if the *mouse* might be the culprit?  But that wouldn't explain the sudden onset of the problem, would it?  Sheesh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I should add how often this happens; maybe every 5th-10th image.  I'm getting so I can catch it and recheck the correct destination, but if I miss it, it's a minute of clicking and such before I'm in the flow again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charlie+Groh  wrote

I'm wondering if the *mouse* might be the culprit?  But that wouldn't explain the sudden onset of the problem, would it?  Sheesh...

It would be easy enough for you to check. If the driver has been updated, or perhaps something in LR or your operating system conflicts with the mouse driver, there's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...yes, I plan on it!  Unfortunately, I have to get some new images to work (or reprocess old ones...yuk) so it'll be a week or so before I can try...I actually have another branded mouse that I used for years before the present one, I will plug that in and use it for the next big batch...I'll come back with mouse results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help to know a little more about your system Charlie . . . and perhaps the LR version.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines