Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalogue not valid [Mac OS Catalina - Lightroom Classic 9.3]

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I encountered this issue with my Lightroom catalogue https://helpx.adobe.com/it/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock....

I unsuccesfully tried following the described solution, so I'm opening this thread.

I have a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro Retina with Mac OS 10.15.5 (Catalina) and Lightroom Classic v.9.3. I have no in-app Lightroom backup, since all my files are iCloud backupped (and so my catalogue file .lrcat, my preview, my database and all the photos).

Do you have any suggestions? Do you need more informations about my setup?

Greetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you saying that you deleted the .LOCK file and it didn't help? Yes or no?

If you say it didn't help, then please show us a screen capture of the exact ERROR message you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the lock file and the problem did not solved.

Here's the screen capture. Catalogue is called "Personali-2".Schermata 2020-06-25 alle 20.30.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with the LOCK file, the error message is different. Unfortunately, I do not know what the causes of this might be.

If you have a recent backup of your catalog file, place it on a different disk and double-click on it to see if it will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines