• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic is AUTO EDITING my photos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my images to Lightroom Classic, Ps, and Bridge they look flat and just as they do in camera but after a few seconds the image is changed to what feels like a JPEG edited image. It's very difficult to work with and completely ruins my shoots causing me to go with more heavily edited styles to come out with a proper image.

I have attached screenshots I got of when it is immediately uploaded and then another after the change occurs.

For reference I am shooting on a Sony A7rIV and using a 2017 Imac to edit on. Color Space of my camera is sRGB and Lightroom colorspace is Adobe color. I shoot raw to my card as well so no JPEG's in the mix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judge,

First, if you shoot raw, the color space setting of you camera does not matter. Lightroom has its own color space - not Adobe Color btw - and you can't (and don't need to) change that.

Upon import, latest if you want to develop the image, LR needs to apply a raw profile to your image. You can change the default profile that is applied if you don't like its rendering.

Before applying the profile, it first shows you the embedded jpg of the raw file.

https://creativepro.com/using-lightroom-profiles/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you F,

I realized some of this after about 2 hours of trying everything I could. You definitely provided the why and how that I was missing to make it make sense. It's a shame though because I absolutely like the starting point I would've had with the embedded jpg look. 

Thanks again,

Judge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then select a camera matching profile (assuming they exist in LrC for your camera)

https://www.phototraces.com/b/lightroom-raw-profiles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a flatter initial rendering, use either Adobe Neutral or Camera Neutral. Camera Neutral is the flatter of the two and designed to be similar to the Neutral setting for Jpgs in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works very well! I have my DSLRs set to use the "neutral" profile. In LrC, I use an import preset to set the base profile to "camera neutral".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the recommendation and I would if i could, but the "more..." option isn't available, nor is an "edit" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to log in on the actual Website. Have yo done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines