• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not interacting correctly with Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selected an image in Lr and took it to Ps to edit, Amongst other things I gave it a green background, saved it and viewed it back in Lr.  Using the version in Ps I changed the background to red (amongst other thing) and saved it again. Lr showed it as red in Grid and Loupe views but switches to the green background version when in Develop. Weird!!

Lightroom Classic release 9.2.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Photoshop 21.1.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen recording does look wierd.  Two thoughts:

- The recording shows a badge in the upper-right corner of the thumbnail indicating a metadata conflict. This means that since LR last read the photo from disk, LR thinks you've changed the photo or its metadata within LR and some external program has also changed the photo or its metadata.  LR not infrequently shows spurious metadata conflicts, so that may or may not be happening here.

Buf if you select the photo and do Metadata > Read Metadata From File, you can force LR to reread the photo from disk.  When you do that, does the red/green issue go away?

- If you can reliably reproduce this problem, I recommend post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

Include a link to a screen recording showing the entire sequence of steps reproducing the issue. (You'll have to upload the video to Dropbox or similar and include the sharing link.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for your swift responce to my enquiry.  I carried out the Metadata > Read Meatadata from File option and it did indeed fix the 'problem'. In all the years that I have used Lightroom I have never experienced this before, I guess it is all part of the extended learning curve.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there is a bug in there -- Develop should always show the same as Library. But if you can't reproduce it, then probalby nothing to worry about (too much).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines