• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Not Opening

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to LR Classic 10 on my iMac. The application will not make it past the splash screen. The splash screen sometimes disappears. I can hear my computer fan cranking away in the background and have waited as much as 15 minutes before forcing the application to quit.

Steps I've taken have been (in no particular order)

• Restarting the computer
  • Logging out/in of my Adobe CC account
  • Renaming the SLCache & SLStore folders

I downgraded to LR Classic 9.4 and now that won't even open - same behavior, stuck on the splash screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also moved my primary catalog to a temporary folder and was able to open Lightroom with a "blank" catalog. However, when I try to open my primary catalog from Lightroom, it still freezes on the relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody reported the same thing and said the splash screen noted the preferences loading. I recommended to reset/fully delete the preferences. That did the trick. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That got my hopes up but it's still exhibiting the same behavior after both moving the preferences file and resetting all preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED: It appears that sometime between using version 9.4 yesterday and updating to 10.0 today, the gremlins corrupted my catalog. I was able to open a backup catalog from a few days ago with no problem. Just leaves me wondering what happened to the original catalog.

Good lesson in always keeping backups 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines