• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Processed RAW images removing edits and showing "Camera Raw Settings" in the history state

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm running into an issue with LR Classic and my RAW files. I process the files, export them, don't touch them after export, then the files are getting reset with a bunch of entries for 'Camera Raw Settings' (see attached photo). The Camera Raw Settings removes a lot of my processing steps, but doesn't reset the image to import. This only seems to happen with RAW files and occurs pretty consistently.

I do use LR mobile on my I-pad, which is synced with the collections where some of these images reside. Lightroom Error.PNG

Has anyone else run into this? I've scoured the web and can't find an answer.

Thanks for any assistance.

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todds,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is not saving your raw images with all the edits. Do you see what all changes occur on the overall look of the image when go through each history state item of "Camera Raw" ?

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? Latest is 8.3.1(Check under Help>>System info)

Also, does the issue occurs with a specific raw image or camera/lens type?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve not seen this. But the history will relate to the original file not an exported file. Are you adding expoted files back into the catalog. Or are you syncing a smart preview from a collection and then re-importing the original via Lightroom Mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess was that you were exporting and overwriting the original. Make sure you're not doing that! Do you by any chance use the automatic metadata saving to files or synchronize your folder the images are in in Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses. Here's a batch set of answers

To clear up some of the confusion: LR CC is saving my edits, but it is adding new edits on top of my old ones. These are labeled as 'Multiple Settings' followed by several 'Camera Raw Settings' in the LR History panel. The entries for Camera Raw Settings appear to be all the same for each picture, but the edits can be different for different pictures. For example, on one picture, the Camera Raw Settings entry removes the saturation. On another it resets the cropping.

1) Lightroom is up to date (8.3.1)

2) This occurs on both my Nikon and Fuji Raw Images

3) I'm not importing originals again. I import the images once, then never import again. All of the effected images seem to be in collections that I sync to LR Mobile. I use an LR mobile on an I-pad.

4) I looked at my metadata settings and all three boxes are checked (i.e., offer suggestions from recently entered values, include develop settings in metadata inside JPEG, TIFF, ..., and automatically write changes into XMP).

I am lucky that I can get back to the edit I liked, but it's frustrating having to scan the develop settings for each image (this has affected 100s of images).

Any help would be most appreciated.

TS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

todds89006332  wrote

. For example, on one picture, the Camera Raw Settings entry removes the saturation. On another it resets the cropping.

TS

hmm, wondering if those Camera RAW Settings in the History states are mislabeled (something going odd, reset preferences)  and/or Edits in LR on the iPAD, just show up in LR desktop as some generic state (nah, that can not be Right). Have never done this.

Perhaps a test with just one new image. Just import an image, do nothing in LR, sync it so you can edit in Mobil, edit it, get it back to LR, look at history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the automatic xmp writing. The ‘camera raw settings’

language looks a lot like it is something interfering between the sync and

the xmp sidecars.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:06 PM todds89006332 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the back of my head the History State “Multiple Settings” occurs when you copy Develop settings from one image to one or more other images.

No, I do not have a link to back that up.

Not sure if that comes across from sync via Mobil.

But the Camera RAW one?? Google search has been not so helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered resetting the preferences file:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too when using a brush tool. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought, are you using Adobe Camera Raw to do edits outside of Lightroom and then updating Lightroom when you get a warning message?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines