• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes on direct camera import!! Help!!

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an old version of Lightroom(version 5.3) on my MacBook Pro. I HAVE NEVER had import issuse until today.  I launch Lightroom, can go in and edit existing photos and what not, I click on import and select my Canon EOS 50D.  Thumbnails begin to load and BAM!! program crashes.  I have used this method and setup FOR YEARS and have never had an issue.  I don't know what to do, I have clients and images to edit.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum, please provide the Version number of the Operating system you are running on your Mac Book Pro.

This is necessary so other users can focus on providing a clear and focused reply. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Lightroom preference file as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a work around is just a suggestion, you may have a corrupted image :
1) copy your images from you DSLR to a the folder you want as a target. Check that all the images are copied and have no issue.
2) now try to import them into LR from this folder. Check what happens.
3) if it crashes again, narrow down the number of images until you find the faulty one.
4) if 1 does not work fine, your memory card may be the issue.

Lot of actions sorry to solve the issue.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I wound up buying a cf card reader and it did the trick, so I'm assuming my camera and computer are having issues communicating. I guess I just can't direct download from my camera anymore. Not a huge deal in the long run since I don't prefer Adobe's new setup with the program and a monthly fee to use said program. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines